This power duo has been a part of CFD for awhile now and we love their passion for people and the gym. Check out their story. . .
DID YOU KNOW??
We offer 30 and 60 min skill sessions?! Do you have a lift or a movement that you struggle with? Schedule a one-on-one session with one of our coaches and spend some focused, quality time on the movement of your choice. This will be sure to give you some major improvement in your lifts and/or WODs. For more information, or to schedule your session email us!
Get your WOD on! No major events in Aug, besides ALL your PR's.
9/2: End of the Summer Softball Game & Picnic/BBQ 11AM-2PM (Mark your calendars. More information will follow)
9/9: Ladies: WOD and Wine Night (Tickets Here)
9/16: Jason Phillips Seminar: 9AM-2PM (9:30 Class canceled (Tickets Here)
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
There are many ways to prepare chicken breast. You could grill it, bake it, sauté it or fry it. You could eat it cold or hot, spicy or mild. You could season it generously or leave it plain. You could spend lots of time and effort, or barely any at all.
This Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken tops my list of favorite ways to prepare chicken breast. It requires minimal time and effort and results in moist, tender, flavorful chicken that could compete with just about any fancy chicken dish. All while providing superb nutrition to keep you fit, lean and in control of your health.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 3 yellow or red onions, quartered and sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Oregano, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Parsley, minced for garnish
- Place the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with the chicken. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, broth, stevia, both mustards, thyme, oregano, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and sprinkle with the garlic.
- Cover and cook on high, until the chicken is tender, for 4-5 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 130 calories, 2g fat, 4g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 350mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 26g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.
15227 283rd St
Kent, Wa 98042